I have following suggestion of 3 Submenus in Emulation Station Menu:
- Submenu for PS3 Controller under "Controller Settings" with two options:
first option: change bluetooth-driver to bluez/official/shanwan (see recalbox.conf line 107: "controllers.ps3.driver=")
second option: when changing to official or shanwan-drivers, the ability to change the timeout-value (see "timeout_mins" of file /var/lib/sixad/profiles/default).
- Submenu under "Game Settings"/"Advanced"/"Gamecube" and "Playstation 2" with the ability to activate/deactivate VSync
- Submenu under System Settings for enabling/disabling nvidia drivers
The reasons are:
1. With bluez drivers the idle-timeout does not work (the controller does not automatically turn off after inactivity of 30 minutes), so that the controller always stays turned on and the battery will drain.
This is especially a problem for users with a RPi, which never turn off the RPi, as many users have casings with no shut-down button and the RPi is behind the TV and it is very annoying to unplug/plug the micro-USB cable every time you want to turn on the RPi again.
And the bug that with 2 same controllers the controls in kodi gets messed up will be solved when official/shanwan drivers are enabled (so this is a feature request and a bug-fix/workaround at the same time)
2. Without VSync you have ScreenTearing, which can be very annoying for some people (i know that with weak hardware you then will experience FPS drops/slowdowns, but for strong hardware it runs in fullspeed and then ScreenTearing is the problem, that has to be solved)
3. More userfriendly
Regarding 1. there is one very important note!
You have to connect your PS3-controller at least once with bluez-drivers first. Otherwise you will not be able to connect it after you change the driver to official/shanwan.
This message must therefore be displayed as a warning within this Submenu.
And there are some disadvantages with official/shanwan-drivers:
1. There will be no display of remaining battery percentage of the connected controllers in System Settings, Information anymore.
2. There will be problems with analog controls in Dreamcast Emulator (when moving the left analog stick to far left, it becomes right. And far up becomes down.. More details regarding this bug has been posted here:
Furthermore you maybe won't be able to reconnect (via bluetooth) your controller, once it turns off after 30 minutes of inactivity while in a game. But this does not affect all emulators. I have to test yet, on which emulators this happens and will post my results here.
So what do you think about it? 🙂