I just managed to got Batocera-Linux 5.21 running on my old x86_64 PC after a period of troubleshooting.
My PC specs are as follows
- Intel Core i3-3225
- 8gb DDR3 memory
- EVGA Geforce GT430 1GB PCI-E GFX
- 4gb USB thumdrive (runnning batocera.linux)
- 500GB external HDD USB3 (for roms and bioses)
I encountered 2 bugs while trying to get batocera.linux to work on my PC
1) if i am using HDMI output to my monitor, i can only see the word "batocera.linux" on the top left corner of my screen and there will be a black screen after this, waited for a hour and nothing happens even though the PC is still running, but using DVI ouput will be fine for me, i can see the white splash screen and the main menu if i used DVI, I am not sure this is not an issue with my motherboard HDMI port, HDMI cable and monitor as i had tested all of them to be working fine, there is definitely an issue with batocera.linux and hdmi.
2) my 500GB external hdd was formatted as FAT32 originally, when i select it as my storage in System Settings, i will also see the black screen when batocera.linux boots up. Following the advice in this thread : https://batocera-linux.xorhub.com/forum/d/1917-batocera-linux-text-then-a-black-screen/16 , i formatted my external HDD to NTFS before letting batocera.linux create the recalbox folders and everything is working fine now.