So it is now very easy to fill up the Data1 virtual disk. For this I put a version of xcopy.exe and deltree.com on the windows95 folder, that are compatible with dosbox.
But first to one message, that shows the mentality of Billy's Club in the time, where they think that nothing else will never run on a computer : It's now safe to turn off your computer This is not necessary, as in this time they where not able to shut it down. Going out of the screen is simple, Ctrl + F9. Just killing the dosbox program.
Now, to put games on Data1
- As example you create in your /share/roms/dos/win95.pc folders with your game files, lemm95 and spacepb.
They must be limited to 8 letters. After, you transfer your datas inside the folders.
- Now rename dosbox.bat to dosbox.bxx or what ever you like.
- Next, in the file dosbox.cfg comment
imgmount 3 data1.img -size 512,63,64,1023 -t hdd -fs none to # imgmount 3 data1.img -size 512,63,64,1023 -t hdd -fs none
# imgmount e data1.img to imgmount e data1.img
- We are ready to upload to the Data1 disk.
You start dosbox, and it will take you to disk prompt D:
- Now, you just put E: and you are on Data1 disk.
- Next you create your folders on Data1
as mkdir is internal to dosbox
-Next cd lemm95 takes you on E:/lemm95
- To copy you type d:xcopy d:\lemm95 /h /e /i will copy your game files in the right folder on Data1
-At the end you exit dosbox by EXIT or Ctrl+F9
After, in /share/roms/dos/win95.pc change back dosbox.bxx to dosbox.bat and reverse
comment and uncomment in dosbox.cfg. The game folders in win95.pc can be deleted.
Reload and start games from Data1 disk in Windows 95.