I have the same issue with an EeePC 701 and Batocera 5.27 32bits.
With 5.25, booted from usb, all is working fine.
When I try to install to hard drive, Batocera download last version (5.27) and this version is failing with same error like @luxbut.
Is any chance to fix this issue in 5.28?
Is any possibility to install to hard drive an old version please? If I use installer, it will download the 5.25 and I would like to install 5.25 on my hard drive.
Thanks for all.
Have a nice day
(Great job for Batocera. It’s really a good distro.)
Edit : I found a solution for install old Batocera on my hard drive. I think it’s a little complicated but it’s working.
- Download Batocera 5.25 32bits and create a bootable usb (8Gb minimum)
- Start Usb key on old PC for extending partitions
- Stop Batocera from old PC
- Put usb key to the computer used for creating bootable usb
(next steps is working on linux machine)
- open a terminal and go to usb key (ex: /media/SHARE/)
- create folders on /media/SHARE/system : /installs/x86 (with root access or sudo)
- copy batocera 5.25 img.gz to /media/SHARE/system/installs/x86
- Plug usb key to old PC and boot to usb
- Use Ctrl + Alt + F3 to access terminal
- enter root login (root/linux)
- execute command : zcat /userdata/system/installs/x86/<batocera_image_name> | dd of=/dev/sda bz=40M
- Wait untin finished
- execute command reboot
- reboot to internal hard drive
Tada. Old release of Batocera will be installed on internal hard drive.
Batocera 5.25 works well on my EeePC 701. I will wait fix in future version for update.
Thanks for all guys.