A report about RC2 on X96 Max+.
I have a X96 Max+ (with subersion Q2) box. The spec is: S905X3, 4GB RAM, 32GB ROM, gigabit ethernet, wifi, BT.
CoreELEC 19.1 and EmuELEC 4.1 dev branch are working on the box. Its wifi and BT driver are implemented only recently.
I just tried Batocera 31 rc 2. It’s woking on the box. I want to share some of my findings for people having the same box.
1. Batocera used: batocera-s905gen3-31-20210610.img
2. DTB used: meson-sm1-x96-air-4g.dtb
3. How to boot: Don’t press reset button always. It will cause the box to reboot repeatedly and never start Batocera. I released the reset button after seeing the X96 Max+ starting screen, then Batocera will boot. On CoreELEC and EmuELEC, I pressed the reset button until seeing CoreELEC (or EmuELEC) starting screen. That is different for Batocera.
4. To solve strange screen color: copy u-boot.usb to u-boot.ext. My Batocera is on a SD card inserted in a external card reader.
5. Wifi seems working. I can see hotspots in my place. I haven’t tried to SSH or any Internet connection.
6. PS3 DualShock (DS3) over USB is working, but not the case over BT. Maybe more settings are needed.