here is what i am using and the steps that i have taken. i have an HP computer that i'm running the latest release of Batocera x86_64 on.
on my windows pc i create a connection to Batocera via putty and do the following steps...
1. login: root
2. password: recalboxroot
3. lsmod | grep usbhid
4. results: usbhid 53248 0
hid 122880 3 hid_generic,hid_xinmo,usbhid
5. rmmod usbhid
6. modprobe usbhid quirks=0x16c0:0x05e1:0x040
7. at this point i can verify that both joysticks show up now, i configure them both.
8. i then type /recalbox/scripts/recalbox-save-overlay.sh
9. get the sucsess sign afterwards.
10. press crtl + d to exit putty
11. restart Batocera
12. Recalbox_ shows up in the top left corner of the screen
13. splash screen shows
14. im back in EmulationStation
15. go to controller setup and see i'm back to one joystick showing up.
i am able to ssh into Batocera on my mac, or via putty on my windows pc or as i just found out tonight while in EmulationStation i can browse the linux files by pushing F1. i can use any of them..
so basically i need these 2 commands to excecute on startup.
- rmmod usbhid
- modprobe usbhid quirks=0x16c0:0x05e1:0x040
i don't know where to put them to achieve this and how to save it.
i need a step by step via ssh please, any help from you command wizards out there is greatly appreciated.