Hi All, for anyone having weird issues with Dragonrise USB Encoders, I found a solution for my issue where P1 and P2 kept switching (or P2 kept being primary).
Anyway, I searched around and found some references to adding this string: usbhid.quirks=0×0079:0×0006:0×040
The problem was that most places recommended adding it to boot/cmdline.txt, but that file doesn’t exist in Batocera. Rather, you have to add it to boot/uEnv.txt at the end of the APPEND line. So mine looks like this (note I also set my resolution custom):
APPEND=label=BATOCERA rootwait quiet loglevel=0 console=ttyAML0,115200n8 console=tty3 vt.global_cursor_default=0 video=HDMI-A-1:1600×1200@60 usbhid.quirks=0×0079:0×0006:0×040
Once that is done, you restart the system (I wasn’t able to edit the file directly, I had to take my storage out and edit it on a computer) and then you reconfigure only your primary Player 1 controller. After that it should all stay the same, even after reboots etc.
Hope that works for everyone else having issues with DragonRise USB Encoders.