I just have recovered an old laptop(CCE model W55) and tried to run some systems on it. I got Lubuntu 16.04 installed, so I know the machine is working, but I'm not able to boot Batocera x86(32 bit) from flash drive.
I power the laptop up, select the usb flash drive as boot and after some time on the black screen, it just boots my installed lubuntu.
- I used Etcher to flash the image;
- Both the flash drive and notebook HDD work fine(I tested using gsmartcontrol)
- The same flashed drive is booting fine on my Compaq 23 Presario.
- I tried using the other ttys (ctrl+alt+f1/f2/f3), but nothing(even the cursor) is showing up.
- As a very old laptop, it has no options related to secure mode or UEFI.
The specifications for the laptop are as follows:
- Intel Celeron M 540 1.86 GHz
- 1024 MB
- 120 GB
My wish is to install it on the machine, to make it become a "retro station".
I am suspecting some kind of incompatibility, but, if possible, I want some confirmation.