@PenZal i've already worked a bit on that subject.
but together, maybe we can fix it.
first, can you describe your problem : if you choose korean, nothing or the bad characters are displayed ? (i don't remember if batocera is translated in korean).
The thing to do is to replace the emulationstation font (a ttf file) which doesn't support korean chars by one supporting it.
1) first confirm/describe the issue (job for you)
2) identify the font path (job for me or genetik57)
3) find an open korean font (jbo for ?)
4) make the test by replacing the font (job for me)
5) find a correct way to integrate it in batocera (job for me).