I have recently tested the latest PC 64-bit versions of Recalbox (4.1 - 17.12.02) and Batocera (5.11) on my Intel NUC-Kit D54250WYKH together with original Sony PS3 DualShock3 Controllers (CECHZC2E).
And here are some things, that i noticed, when comparing them in PSX, Kodi, Dreamcast and Gamecube:
- better graphics in PSX Emulator with mednafen core (different settings possible in retro-arch quick menu under "Options", for example higher resolution)
- no problem with sound output on x86 hardware (appropriate HDMI-Output is selectable directly and sound is working even after shutdown and restart of the system)
mainly PS3 Controller Bluetooth problems:
- with bluez-driver no control in kodi and in gamecube games possible
- with official-driver the control in kodi and gamecube games is possible, but all four leds are blinking constantly (so you do not know which controller is player 2 for example) and there is a problem with the left analog stick in dreamcast games (hard left is recognized as right-direction and hard up is recognized as down-direction)
- No Vibration in PSX (i tried every setting in retro-arch menu under "Controls" and "Options" with every Libretro Core, but i could not get vibration/rumble to work)
- Vibration in PSX (in RetroArch Quick Menu under "Controls" you have to set "User 1 Device Type" to "RetroPad w/Analog" and under "Options", "Pad 1 Type" to "analog")
- newer kodi version
- no problems with controls neither in kodi, nor in dreamcast games with left analog stick. Also for player one only the first led is constantly on (for second player second led, third player third led and so on)
- no enhanced resolution or other options to get better graphics in PSX Emulator possible (no mednafen psx core)
- problems with sound output on x86 hardware (workaround possible with starting kodi first, and after exit kodi, the appropriate HDMI-Output is selectable (sometimes you have to set Output Device to "Auto" first and then reboot, start/exit Kodi and only then the appopriate HDMI-Output is selectable), but this workaround has to be done everytime after system has been shutdown/restarted)
So the pros of recalbox are the bads of batocera and vice versa.
Too bad that you are in dispute with the developer of recalbox and you can not help each other 🙁